Sunday, February 6, 2011

UPDATED: THE REVEAL! Chabby Chic Oasis: Where (just outside of) LA?

***UPDATED: THE REVEAL!***

Congrats to Steve C. on via Facebook for guessing that the weekend retreat was in beautiful, sunny Palm Springs, CA! See each photo below for the geotags and links to the satellite locations.

I stayed at the wonderful Parker Palm Springs, a hotel that I adore and I stay at everytime I visit the desert. The grounds are incredible, the restaurant, Mister Parker's, is awesome, and the pools are fab. The spa, PSYC (Palm Springs Yacht Club) is worth the price of the room if you get the spa junkie package. You literally don't have to leave the grounds-lots of little nooks and crannies to get lost in and bring a book, camera or iPad to and just relax. Here's the origial blog post updated with geotags!

***UPDATED***
It's SundayLA!

Photo 1 of 7. Click here for geotag locations!

Photo 2 of 7. Click here for geotag location!

Photo 3 of 7. Click here for geotag locations!

Photo 4 of 7. Click here for geotag location!


Photo 5 of 7. Click here for geotag locations!

Photo 6 of 7. Click here for geotag locations!

Photo 7 of 7. Click here for geotag location!


This weekend I've traveled just outside of LA (sometimes, we just need to get away, as much as I love my dear city). In fact, one of my very favorite things about LA is that I can drive 20 mins and go to the beach, or an hour in the other direction and go snowboarding, and an hour in yet another direction and be in a completely different landscape. The diversity of the spaces of California suit my need for change of scenery.

The photo clues are a little more obscure, you will have to rely on your knowledge of the style AND the flora/fauna/landscape of the city that I'm in right now to guide your guesses-I stayed away from any obvious clues this week.

Good luck! Post your guesses below and check back later today for the reveal and info about some of my favorite spots here. (And bonus photos that I will be taking on the drive back to LA in the next hour).

And don't forget to send me YOUR photos for next week's blog! Email me with the photo and info (your name as you want it credited, information location, geotags if you have them, and some fun facts about what's in the photo): sundaylablog@gmail.com.

Until later, stay cool....

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you, and yes, i do really read the comments. i share, you share, we build upon our knowledge, and together, we learn! blogging on the shoulders of giants... :)