Monday, April 30, 2012

Prog Blog: Days 5, 6 & 7 (Donna Martin Graduates & Zumba)

yes, this is from THAT 90210 episode. yes, it's totally random. read the post below to see why...

Today marks exactly 1 week since i've decided to take back my personal well-being, and aside from being really sore, it feels great! (random tangent: for some reason, when i wrote "take back..." in that first sentence, the Beverly Hills 90210 episode where they have the "Take back the Night" rally popped into my head, and then for some reason it morphed into the "Donna Martin Graduates!" episode. Don't ask how/why. Sometimes, these are the things that go through my head!) Anyway...



I've been sticking to my diet in a very vigilant manner, and i worked out a total of 4 times last week! one thing that i really love about the Weight Watchers mobile app is the whole logging of Activity part of it, which i had NEVER used before last week. Did you know that even carrying loads of stuff up stairs or cleaning is a form of "activity" which you get points for? Whether you are on the same diet that i'm on or something else, i think the lesson is that the more you get around and move, the better it's going to be for your well-being overall. the way to really make it count is to just be conscious of it, and track things somehow. for me, when i look down at the app and track something like 75 crunches, and i see the activity points start to grow, it becomes a game to me (and i'm SUPER competitive) so it makes me want to log more activity.

two of the days that i worked out last week i did something that i KNOW must've looked ridiculous if anyone was watching me...i did Zumba on my PlayStation 3. it involves wearing a hip-band that holds that silly looking PlayStation Move controller (photo below so you have the FULL visual):

yup. that's how ridiculous it looks. imagine that on not-so-toned abs. not-so-sexy, but it's still a great workout.
So i did that twice, and felt great. then i did some mat work and work on the exercise ball one day on my own, resulting in sore abs (yes! that means what i did actually did something! lol). then, finally, yesterday i took a really long walk/hike from up in the Hollywood Hills (i was hiding from Downtown LA because yesterday was FiestaBroadway, a huge, LOUD, festival that shuts down basically my whole neighborhood) and decided to wake up and walk down to the starbucks using the "hidden" path that spills you right out onto Cahuenga Blvd. from way up in the hills. let's just say that today, my calves are so sore i can barely walk, but it all feels so good to finally be working out again, even if it's just little steps.

ok, so last thing today: i think that for day 1 of Reatreat Yourself this week (Thursday) i'm going to go to Paradise Cove in Malibu. Mainly for the fact that there's a restaurant there with bathrooms and if i'm going to spend the day doing stuff on the beach, i need a basecamp with at least a few amenities, so that's my deciding factor. For day 2 of Retreat Yourself, i'm thinking of some cool, little known spot on the coastline here somewhere (not too far in either direction...i don't want to go too far from home since this is still just a day-escape). Any suggestions on private, lovely spots along the coast in LA where i might lay down my mat and reatreat? I'm open!!

hope everyone has a great week...tonight i'm going to catch up on all of my TiVo stuff from Sunday night and then Bethenny Ever After tonight (YES! I can't wait. that show makes my Monday. no joke), but i'm going to try to do some mat work while watching so that i'm not a couch potato. Wish me luck! What did YOU do this weekend?

Peace, Love & Progress.

d



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you, and yes, i do really read the comments. i share, you share, we build upon our knowledge, and together, we learn! blogging on the shoulders of giants... :)