Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Retreat Yourself.


Ok, so we all work hard. And everyone is stressed out about life, love, the environment, whatever it may be. Since most of us don't have the financial resources to go on a yoga or wellness retreat when we need a re-charge or a kick-start for some healthy new habits in our lives, sometimes we need to take matters into our own hands.



So, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm in desperate need of a re-charge, and to get my health and fitness back in gear (especially with summer coming up!). I've officially put in for time off from work (just 2 days-it doesn't have to be drastic!) and now I'm researching which LA beach i want to go to for my days in the outdoors, doing yoga and relaxing, reading, etc.

The photo above is from Malibu...a beach that I love that is by the lagoon and the tidepools. It's a great walk along the coastline. Anyone have any suggestions of nice, quiet beaches in LA where I can set up my own personal retreat day?? I'm open! Here's a link to a Best Beaches of Los Angeles guide. Let me know if you've been to any of them and what you think!

I've decided that it might add value to my Retreat Yourself days to blog/journal about it, so check back next week for any epiphanies that may surface as I go through this mini-transformation!
Malibu Pier
Malibu Lagoon




1 comment:

  1. sadly, i am posting the first comment on this post, but idontevencare. i wanted to add something...some PROGRESS already! but i thought it was too soon for a whole new post. :) so, instead, here it is: i worked out today for the 2nd day in a row after a year of not working out at all, so i'm feeling good and on track. also, i put in for 2 days off and got them approved for the end of next week, so it's official: i'm Retreating Myself to 2 beach days of yoga, meditating, reading and tanning. and of course trying to eat healthy at the beachside cafes. this can't be all hippy-dippy-i want it to be all inclusive. :)

    more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you, and yes, i do really read the comments. i share, you share, we build upon our knowledge, and together, we learn! blogging on the shoulders of giants... :)