Sunday, May 29, 2011

Light of Learning: Where in LA?

After a slight hiatus, SundayLA is back! Check out the two photos below for this week's clues, featuring a gem of a building hidden in the heard of the city:
Photo Clue 1 of 2: Check back tomorrow for geotags and this week's winner!
A few more hints: this centrally located building features both Mediterranean Revival and ancient Egyptian architecture, and its central tower is distinctively topped with a tiled mosaic pyramid.

Bonus knowledge: this building is adjacent to one of my all-time LA fave's - a lovely little courtyard restaurant perfect for a special occasion or a romantic artist's-self-date-night if your creative soul ever needs inspiration. (Name and detailed location info will be posted in the Reveal!)

Photo Clue 2 of 2: The building just north-east of Photo 1 above...
Can YOU guess where in LA this photo was taken? Post your best guesses in the comments section below!


4 comments:

  1. I love these scavenger hunts!

    I won't be the spoiler this time but I think I know the place and the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chriann, I LOVE how you always know the answers!! you rule :) I bet you are right...and seeing as how no one else guessed yet, take a stab! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know the location....still searching for the restaurant LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daria! I think the Charlie Chaplin picture is my favorite so far. Love it!

    I won't guess the specific place but is this the view from Hope Place?

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you, and yes, i do really read the comments. i share, you share, we build upon our knowledge, and together, we learn! blogging on the shoulders of giants... :)